How to rapidly build html5 web applications
This article is an abridged version of the presentation I gave at the Texas Advanced Computing Center, which was the motivation for creating a web app in the first place–one that went on to become suitpicker.com.
- Design men's suits by choosing the color/pattern for the coat, shirt, tie, etc.
- Use HTML5 canvases
- OOP design for easy extendability
- Make a prototype
- Determine class structure
- Use a JS framework/toolkit for OOP?
- SuitPicker class creates the Suit.
- The Suit class creates the Articles of clothing (i.e. shirts, ties, etc)
- Can have multiple SuitPicker objects for comparing different suit designs
- Can easy add new suit types in the future:
- Two piece or three piece suits
- Single breasted or double breasted
- Tie, no tie; skinny, wide; man, woman; etc.